Houses of Worship
Spread God’s Word & Increase Your Offerings
Why publish a channel on Smart TV?
The faith-based world has recently woken up to Smart TV broadcasting. There is enormous potential to build additional viewerships that otherwise could not be reached. Over the past years, Smart TV platforms have become the most attractive broadcast opportunities.
You can utilize your Smart TV Channel in various ways
- Provide an easy-to-use opportunity for elderly, sick or traveling church members to participate and stay connected. The large TV screens, the simplified remote and the intuitive navigation provide make it possible for young and old to watch your services (both live-streams and on-demand).
- Friendship Evangelism is one of the most effective church growth strategies. Your Channel supports your members’ efforts to share their excitement for your church with friends and family while showing a church service on the big-screen TV in the living room.
- Small-Group networks can utilize your channel to playback a special video uploaded by the church leadership. Such videos can introduce a discussion topic, educate, edify and make everyone feel connected and on the same page.
- Bible studies
- Share church functions and events
The costs and how to budget for your Smart TV channel
1. One-Time costs: development and publishing of your Custom Roku Channel (Graphic Designers, Specialized Web Developers, Project Management). Calculate costs in a lower-3-digits budget for single-channel app and a lower 4-digits for multi-channel apps with specialized functionalities.
2. Running costs: storage, transcoding, and bandwidth for the delivery of your media content through a dedicated CDN. Calculate with low 3 digits as you start out and give yourself room to upgrade your bandwidth package as needed into the 4-digit range as your viewership grows.
ROKU, Amazon and AppleTV combined give you immediate access to millions of viewers for the smallest investment. It simply gives you the “biggest bang for the buck”.
Grow Your Church Engagement and Revenues
The exposure and branding value alone is worth the comparatively low investment. But if you are looking for additional returns on your investment – here are a few monetization opportunities:
- Include graphics with your URL on your video content to direct viewers to your website.
- Feature products and services in the video content you produce.
- Ask your ROKU developer for subscription/payment services if you want to “lock” certain content for paying viewers.
Start with a single-channel VOD app – the fastest and easiest way to get started. Just “get your foot in the door” and get approved and published by ROKU. You can worry about extending your ROKU App later with additional channels and functionalities. What you should be concerned with first:
- Time: don’t let too much time pass by; don’t miss the opportunity to be a first-mover on ROKU in your industry or content category
- Graphics: allow an experienced graphic designer (who ideally has designed Roku Apps before) to develop graphics that reflect your corporate identity and make you look professional.
- Content: start uploading to a video hosting and transcoding provider as soon as possible and allow for them to distribute your content through a dedicated CDN. Before your ROKU App can start on development, you need content transcoded, stored and ready for delivery. The same goes for the artwork.
How to advance your ROKU Channel:
After the initial launch of your VOD Channel App, your app can be advanced further and released as simple updates. One major advantage is that all your viewers who have subscribed to your Channel and saved it to their Home Screens will not have to re-install your channel, but will simply load the channel including the update automatically. Here is a selection of additions you can have built into your Roku Channel:
- Change the layouts / designs
- Additional VOD Channels
- Additional Live or 24/7 Channels
- Subscription & Payment Services for paid content
Special Pricing for Houses of Worship**